How can we control environmental degradation caused by industrialization?
(i) Minimising use of water for processing by reusing and recycling it in two or more successive stages. (ii) Harvesting of rainwater to meet water requirements. (iii) Treatment of hotwater and affluents before releasing them in rivers and ponds.
What can we do to prevent such environmental pollution?
10 Best Ways to Reduce Air Pollution
- Using public transports. …
- Turn off the lights when not in use. …
- Recycle and Reuse. …
- No to plastic bags. …
- Reduction of forest fires and smoking. …
- Use of fans instead of Air Conditioner. …
- Use filters for chimneys. …
- Avoid usage of crackers.
How can we prevent industrial air pollution?
Ways to Reduce Air Pollution from Factories
- We can reduce air pollution by conserving energy by turning off lights, computers, air conditioners and other appliances when not in use.
- Encourage your employees to use public transport or you can arrange a bus from a common point for your employees.
How does industrial pollution affect the environment?
Industrial pollution can also impact air quality, and it can enter the soil, causing widespread environmental problems. … Industrial activities are a major source of air, water and land pollution, leading to illness and loss of life all over the world.
How can industrial waste water pollution be prevented?
Waste reduction techniques:
- Change the composition of the product to reduce the amount of waste resulting from the product’s use.
- Reduce or eliminate hazardous materials that enter the production process.
How can we save our environment from pollution essay?
We need to adapt various measures to reduce environment pollution. Some of them includes planting trees, reducing the use of non-renewable resources, proper disposal of wastes, etc. It is the responsibility of every individual to save our environment from getting polluted.
How can industrial waste be reduced?
Here are the ways your industrial facility can reduce its wastewater discharge volume.
- Identify problematic runoff and connection issues. …
- Modify equipment and install water-saving devices like meters. …
- Reuse and recycle water at various parts of your operation. …
- Shift to waterless processes when able.
What is industrial pollution and environmental degradation?
Industries cause environmental degradation through four main types of pollution i.e. air pollution, water pollution, land pollution or soil degradation, and noise pollution. … Radioactive waste, hazardous chemicals, glass, plastic, industrial effluents and non-biodegradable garbage are the main agents of land pollution.
How does industrial pollution cause land degradation explain with examples?
Industrial pollution is caused by burning of fossil fuels such as oil, petrol natural gas, and petroleum, dumping of waste in the water bodies as well as land and releasing the untreated gas and liquid waste into the air. A major concern of industrial pollution is land degradation.
How does industries pollute air and water and degrade the environment?
Air pollution is caused by the presence of high proportion of undesirable gases, such as sulphur dioxide and cabon monoxide, dust sprays, mist and smoke in the atmosphere due to emission from industrial units. … Water pollution is caused by organic and inorganic industrial wastes and effluent discharged into rivers.