What are the causes of destruction of natural vegetation and wildlife?
Natural vegetation and wildlife are destroyed by man and by nature. Deforestation. Construction Activities. Agricultural Expansion.
- Climate Change.
- Forest Fires.
- Earth Quakes.
What are the causes for the destruction of natural vegetation and wildlife suggest two ways to conserve these resources?
Two steps that the government has taken to conserve plants and animals are:
- Establishment of national parks, wildlife sanctuaries and biosphere reserves to protect our natural vegetation and wildlife. …
- Putting a ban on killing of lions, tigers, deer, great Indian bustards and peacocks.
What are the causes for the loss of natural vegetation?
Explanation: Destruction of natural vegetation is primarily caused by deforestation. Other major causes are over-exploitation, wildfire, & unadjusted irrigation techniques. Deforestation occurs as because of firewood extraction by the local populace and the creation of arable & pastoral land.
What are the causes of destruction of wildlife?
The four most general reasons that lead to destruction of wildlife include overkill, habitat destruction and fragmentation, impact of introduced species and chains of extinction.
What are the threats to natural vegetation and wildlife Class 8?
Land degradation, landslides, soil erosion, desertification are the major threats to the environment because of the expansion of agriculture and construction activities. Fertile land is exploited more and leads to the barrenness if not utilised judicialy.
What are the two reasons for land degradation?
Two reasons for land degradation are deforestation and overuse of chemical fertilisers.
What factors affect natural vegetation and wildlife Class 8?
Factors that affect natural vegetation of a place are:
- Land. Land affects the growth of natural vegetation as different kinds of vegetation grow on mountains, plateaus, plains and in deserts. …
- Soil. Soil determines the growth of different types of vegetation. …
- Temperature. …
- Photoperiod. …
What are the threats to natural vegetation and wildlife?
Wildlife on planet Earth is under siege from all sides, facing down habitat loss and the impact of climate change. Some of the biggest threats to wildlife include illegal wildlife trade, habitat destruction, invasive species, pollution, and clime change.
What are the 5 causes of deforestation?
The causes of deforestation
- Natural causes as hurricanes, fires, parasites and floods.
- Human activities as agricultural expansion, cattle breeding, timber extraction, mining, oil extraction, dam construction and infrastructure development.
What are the main causes of deforestation?
Direct causes of deforestation are agricultural expansion, wood extraction (e.g., logging or wood harvest for domestic fuel or charcoal), and infrastructure expansion such as road building and urbanization.