What are the 5 factors affecting climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What factors affect regional climates?
The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation and the presence of ocean currents. The precipitation characteristics of a region are influenced by factors such as proximity to mountain ranges and prevailing winds.
What are four main factors affecting regional climate?
There are lots of factors that influence our climate
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally, climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases. …
- Prevailing global wind patterns. …
- Topography. …
- Effects of Geography. …
- Surface of the Earth. …
- Climate change over time.
What are the different factors affecting climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
What are the 2 main factors that affect climate?
The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation.
What are the factors affecting climate and weather?
The most important factors affecting climate are latitude, altitude, distance to the ocean or sea, orientation of mountain ranges toward prevailing winds, and the ocean current.
What are the three natural regional climate factors?
Factors that Control Regional Climate: Circulation in the Atmosphere
- The shape, tilt, and orbit of Earth. Earth’s energy imbalance. …
- circulation : movement or flow within a system; the large-scale movement of air or ocean currents. easterlies : winds that blow from the east; trade winds.
What are the 7 controls of climate?
These include latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
What are the factors affecting the climate of India explain?
Latitude, attitude, pressure and winds are factors that influence the India’s climate. The Tropic of Cancer passes through the middle of the country from the Rann of Kuchchh in the west to Mizoram in the east. India lies in the region of north easterly winds.