The average Wildlife Veterinarian in the US makes $98,829. Wildlife Veterinarians make the most in San Francisco, CA at $147,576, averaging total compensation 49% greater than the US average.
What country do vets get paid the most?
Highest-Paying Countries for Veterinarians
- Qatar: $60,959 on average per year.
- Luxemburg: $53,040 annual salary.
- Netherlands: annual salary is $69,244.
- Iceland: annual income of $65,935.
- Germany: veterinarians can earn between €49,261 and $53,650 a year.
- Switzerland: around $68,722 each year.
What animal vet makes the most money?
Top 10 highest paid veterinarian careers
- Zoo veterinarian. National average salary: $59,986 per year. …
- Veterinary practice manager. …
- Veterinary hospital manager. …
- Public health veterinarian. …
- Regulatory medicine veterinarian. …
- Small animal veterinarian. …
- Military veterinarian. …
- Veterinary research scientist.
Do large animal vets make a lot of money?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $110,107 and as low as $18,187, the majority of Large Animal Veterinarian salaries currently range between $25,069 (25th percentile) to $79,139 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $98,310 annually in California.
What is the average salary for a wildlife vet?
How much do vets make UK?
Starting salaries for newly-qualified vets are generally around £30,500 to £35,500. With further training and experience, your salary can rise to approximately £40,000 to £70,000. Vets working in large animal practices tend to earn more than those working with smaller animals.
Why do vets not make a lot of money?
Considering the amount of schooling they go through, the cost of their students loans, and the intensity of the job, veterinarians don’t make that much money. … Comparing to human health care, a trip to the doctor which isn’t covered by health insurance is much steeper than your pet’s trip to the vet.
How much does an exotic vet make?
The salaries of Exotic Veterinarians in the US range from $10,962 to $294,666 , with a median salary of $52,946 . The middle 57% of Exotic Veterinarians makes between $52,946 and $133,136, with the top 86% making $294,666.
How much is a zoologist salary?
The average salary for a zoologist in the United States is around $63,270 per year.
Do small animal vets make more than large animal vets?
The veterinarians who make the most money are small animal veterinarians, but their job and work environments are generally universally similar. Large animal veterinarians, on the hand, get paid less, but may have more variable and changing schedules.
What is the best large animal vet school?
Here are the best graduate veterinary programs
- University of California–Davis.
- Cornell University.
- Colorado State University.
- North Carolina State University.
- Ohio State University.
- Texas A&M University–College Station.
- University of Pennsylvania.
- University of Wisconsin–Madison.
What job makes the most money?
Here are the highest paying jobs of 2021:
- Anesthesiologist: $208,000.
- Surgeon: $208,000.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon: $208,000.
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist: $208,000.
- Orthodontist: $208,000.
- Prosthodontist: $208,000.
- Psychiatrist: $208,000.