What are the 3 most important factors of climate?
There are different factors affect the climate like planting areas, land surface, location for latitude and longitude lines, Ocean currents and other bodies of water, snow and ice. The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation.
What are 3 things that affect climate?
Factors Affecting Global Climate
- Atmospheric Circulation. The sun’s rays provide both light and heat to Earth, and regions that receive greater exposure warm to a greater extent. …
- Ocean Currents. …
- Global Climate. …
What are the 4 factors that influence climate most?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What 3 factors influence the climate of the UK?
The main influence on Britain’s climate which are important are latitude , altitude ,distance from the sea, ocean currents and the prevailing winds.
What factors influence climate?
Factors that Influence Climate
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally, climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases. …
- Prevailing global wind patterns. …
- Topography. …
- Effects of Geography. …
- Surface of the Earth. …
- Climate change over time.
What are the factors that influence climate and weather?
The factors that influence climate are:
- pressure and wind.
- ocean currents.
- mountain barriers.
- land and water distribution [how close to or far from a large body of water]
What are the 5 factors affecting climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the 6 major factors that affect climate?
The six factors that affect (influence) the temperature are: (1) elevation (altitude), (2) latitude, (3) proximity of large bodies of water, (4) ocean currents, (5) proximity of mountain ranges (topography), (6) prevailing and seasonal winds.
Which two factors have the greatest effect on climate?
The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation. The yearly average temperature of the area is obviously important, but the yearly range in temperature is also important.
What are the three types of rainfall?
There are three different types of rainfall: