What are four factors that affect climate?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the 4 main factors that affect temperatures in a region?
The four factors that affect the temperature are the latitude, altitude, ocean currents, and distance from large bodies of water.
What are the 5 factors affecting climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the 6 factors that affect the climate?
There are six major natural climate factors: air masses and winds, latitude, ocean currents, elevation, relief, and bodies of water. Some are global factors that affect all parts of Earth. Some are local factors that influence only small parts of Earth.
What are factors affecting climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
What are the factors affecting climate and weather?
The most important factors affecting climate are latitude, altitude, distance to the ocean or sea, orientation of mountain ranges toward prevailing winds, and the ocean current.
What are the factors affecting climate of a place?
Factors that affect the climate of a place:
- Latitude. …
- Elevation. …
- Ocean Currents. …
- Topography. …
- Vegetation. …
- Prevailing winds.
What are the major controls affecting the climate of a place?
There are six major controls of the climate of an area. These factors are latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.