Introduction: Climate is determined by the temperature and precipitation characteristics of a region over time.
What are the 2 climate factors?
The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation. The yearly average temperature of the area is obviously important, but the yearly range in temperature is also important.
What 2 things affect climate the most?
There are different factors affect the climate like planting areas, land surface, location for latitude and longitude lines, Ocean currents and other bodies of water, snow and ice. The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation.
What are the main factors affecting the climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
What are the two major factors that affect weather and climate?
Factors Affecting Weather & Climate
- Climate vs. Weather. ••• …
- Latitude and Altitude. ••• Latitude, or how far one is from the equator, greatly affects the climate and weather of an area. …
- Proximity to the Ocean. ••• Land and water retain different amounts of heat. …
- Vegetation. ••• …
- Earth’s Tilt. •••
What are 3 things that affect climate?
Factors Affecting Global Climate
- Atmospheric Circulation. The sun’s rays provide both light and heat to Earth, and regions that receive greater exposure warm to a greater extent. …
- Ocean Currents. …
- Global Climate. …
What are the factors that affect weather and climate?
The five factors that determine the weather of any land area are: the amount of solar energy received because of latitude; the area’s elevation or proximity to mountains; nearness to large bodies of water and relative temperatures of land and water; the number of such storm systems as cyclones, hurricanes, and …
What are the two main factors determining climate quizlet?
What is climate? What two main factors determine climate? A region’s long term atmospheric conditions. Temperature and precipitation effect climate.
What are the 4 major factors that influence climate?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the 5 factors affecting climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the 6 major factors that affect climate?
The six factors that affect (influence) the temperature are: (1) elevation (altitude), (2) latitude, (3) proximity of large bodies of water, (4) ocean currents, (5) proximity of mountain ranges (topography), (6) prevailing and seasonal winds.