Fact 1: Most of the increase in global temperatures since 1950 has been caused by human activity. While there are some causes of climate change that are natural, like volcanic eruptions, the reason we are facing a climate crisis now is because of human activity.
What are 5 facts about climate?
5 Surprising Scientific Facts about Earth’s Climate
- Climate Has Always Changed—Always. …
- Temperature Increase in the Past Was Not Caused by Humans. …
- The Arctic and Antarctic Are Doing Better than Ever! …
- Polar Bears and Other Species Are Not Dying But Flourishing! …
- Carbon Dioxide Is Not a Temperature Control Knob.
What you do know about climate?
Climate change is happening right now. Over the past 100 years, global temperatures are slowly rising. Weather patterns are changing too. Changes to Earth’s oceans, atmosphere, land, and ice all affect the global climate.
What are 3 facts about weather?
1) You can tell the temperature by counting a cricket’s chirps! 2) Sandstorms can swallow up entire cities. 3) Dirt mixed with wind can make dust storms called black blizzards. … 5) The coldest temperature ever officially recorded was -89.2°C.
What is climate change kids?
Climate change refers to the long-term changes in global temperatures and other characteristics of the atmosphere. Climate has changed throughout Earth’s long history, but this time it’s different. Human activity is causing worldwide temperatures to rise higher and faster than any time we know of in the past.
What might happen to Earth’s climate?
Effects that scientists had predicted in the past would result from global climate change are now occurring: loss of sea ice, accelerated sea level rise and longer, more intense heat waves.
What caused climate change?
The evidence is clear: the main cause of climate change is burning fossil fuels such as oil, gas, and coal. When burnt, fossil fuels release carbon dioxide into the air, causing the planet to heat up.
Why is climate change so important?
It’s important that we understand how the climate is changing, so that we can prepare for the future. Studying the climate helps us predict how much rain the next winter might bring, or how far sea levels will rise due to warmer sea temperatures.
What is the weirdest fact Ever?
65 Facts So Weird You Won’t Believe They’re True
- There’s a company that turns dead bodies into an ocean reef. …
- The name “bonobo” resulted from a misspelling. …
- There is an annual Coffee Break Festival. …
- You can buy a flying bicycle. …
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open. …
- Vacuum cleaners were originally horse-drawn.
How climate is different from weather?
Whereas weather refers to short-term changes in the atmosphere, climate describes what the weather is like over a long period of time in a specific area.
What do you know about weather and climate?
Weather reflects short-term conditions of the atmosphere while climate is the average daily weather for an extended period of time at a certain location. … Weather can change from minute-to-minute, hour-to-hour, day-to-day, and season-to-season. Climate, is the average of weather over time and space.